Twitter Feed (incoming)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:35

Twitter Feed (incoming)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2015 00:00

I'm trying to add the Twiter Feed widget.  It says I need to create a feed.  There seems to be a feed created for me and linked to my Twitter account.  But is this an outbound Feed or an Inbound Feed?  How can I tell the difference.  Either way the widget is showing nothing.  How do I show my tweets using this method?

The feed logic is terrible, roll your own if you can...it'll show any tweet which references the account.  So if someone tweets '@YourCompany sucks' ...guess what appears on your pages feed...

I wouldn't want that to happen just to show our own posts on twitter.  I was kinda hoping for a simple solution - but I have this horrible feeling I have to code an incoming feed pipe (or such) to just add something pretty obvious to my website?

This is like rev3 of the widget too...it's just doomed to be bad.  I think Linq2twittef is included to pull tweets, I don't think you NEED to use inbound pipes at all.  Why not just roll a widget and make it configurable that way...and just cache results or something.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2015 00:00

Hi David,

Although a little out-dated, maybe this project can help you started:

http://www.konstrui.nl/over-ons/blog/daniel-plomp/2013/07/02/building-a-redistributable-sitefinity-widget-%28falafelcon%29

Best regards,
Daniel​

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2015 00:00

Whilst I know I have to code the parts of the website that are needed specifically for our company.  I find it odd that I can't just drag, drop and configure something that will provide twitter feed (something surely most people will need to do)?  My hope was to code as little as possible and use the built in features of sitefinity.  The manual indicates I should be able to setup a feed using the administration section and then just select this from the Twitter Feed widget?  Has anyone got this to work? 

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2015 00:00

Seems to have started to work on it own accord.  I went to the feed and ran it a few times, so maybe that did it.  But when I went back to the Twitter Feed widget I could select the feed and it worked. 

I notice that the template is set to "Twitter Feed" but there isn't the usual "edit template.." button.  Is there a way to edit the template?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2015 00:00

Hello David,

You can edit the twitter feed widget template from Design -> Widget Templates. Please refer to step 3 from the below article:

http://docs.sitefinity.com/twitter-feed-widget

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2015 00:00

Thanks Sabrie.

This thread is closed