Adding child items to dynamic module parent works strange

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:47

Adding child items to dynamic module parent works strange

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2015 00:00

Hi all,

I am working with sitefinity 7.0.

I have created a sitefinity dynamic module Product and which has a child items of type Vendor.

I am populating values to it by using api.I am able to add the parent product successfully.

Suppose i am adding 2 vendors to to a parent product, but it seems that all the other vendor details created with other products are also associated with it.

ie i have 8 vendors associated with different parent products in that dynamic module.

So after i added to vendors to that parent product, instead of seeing 2 vedors i get 10 vendors(8+2)

This seems to be too strange.Any idea on this?

Given below is the code that i have used

dynamicModuleManager = new DynamicModuleManager();
            DynamicContent productItem = dynamicModuleManager.CreateDataItem(productType);
            dynamicModuleManager.Provider.SuppressSecurityChecks = true;
            productItem.SetValue("Title", dynamicProduct.ProductName);
            productItem.SetValue("ProductId", dynamicProduct.ProductId);
            productItem.SetValue("Owner", SecurityManager.GetCurrentUserId());
            //showcaseItem.LanguageData=dynamicModuleManager.la
            dynamicModuleManager.Lifecycle.Publish(productItem);
            productItem.SetWorkflowStatus(dynamicModuleManager.Provider.ApplicationName, "Published");
            dynamicModuleManager.SaveChanges(); 

var providerName = String.Empty;

// Set the culture name for the multilingual fields
            var cultureName = "en";
            Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new CultureInfo(cultureName);

//DynamicModuleManager dynamicModuleManager = DynamicModuleManager.GetManager(providerName);
            //Type vendorType = TypeResolutionService.ResolveType("Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.Products.Vendor");
            DynamicContent vendorItem = dynamicModuleManager.CreateDataItem(vendorType);

// This is how values for the properties are set
            vendorItem.SetString("Title", dynamicProduct.Vendor.Title, cultureName);
            vendorItem.SetString("VendorId", dynamicProduct.Vendor.VendorId, cultureName);
            vendorItem.SetString("VendorName", dynamicProduct.Vendor.VendorName, cultureName);
            vendorItem.SetValue("ProductPrice", dynamicProduct.Vendor.ProductPrice);
            vendorItem.SetValue("NumberOfClicks", 0);
            vendorItem.SetString("ProductUrl", dynamicProduct.Vendor.ProductUrl, cultureName);

//vendorItem.SetString("UrlName", "SomeUrlName", cultureName);
            vendorItem.SetValue("Owner", SecurityManager.GetCurrentUserId());
            //vendorItem.SetValue("PublicationDate", DateTime.Now);

vendorItem.SetWorkflowStatus(dynamicModuleManager.Provider.ApplicationName, "Published", new CultureInfo(cultureName));

// Set item parent
            //Type productType = TypeResolutionService.ResolveType("Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.Products.Product");
            Guid parentId = this.GetParentId(dynamicModuleManager, productType);
            vendorItem.SetParent(parentId, productType.FullName);

// You need to call SaveChanges() in order for the items to be actually persisted to data store

// Use lifecycle so that LanguageData and other Multilingual related values are correctly created
            DynamicContent checkOutVendorItem = dynamicModuleManager.Lifecycle.CheckOut(vendorItem) as DynamicContent;
            dynamicModuleManager.Lifecycle.CheckIn(checkOutVendorItem);

This thread is closed