Style the RadRotator Width = 100%

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:53

Style the RadRotator Width = 100%

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2015 00:00

I'm trying to set up the Rad Rotator so that it fills the full width of the screen so I've set the width to 100% as per this post I found:

www.telerik.com/.../radrotator-property-width-100

I also want to see only one item at one time so I've set the item width to 100%, but this doesn't seem to work.  The idea is just to see a Title and subtitle scroll into the centre and the next item.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2015 00:00

Reading around it seems that although you can set the RadRotator at 100% now, you can't set ItemWidth in this way and have to use pixels.

The way around this is suggest in this post:

www.sitefinity.com/.../resize-telerik-radrotator

I used the server-side method for ease so setting width:

RadRotator1.ItemWidth = System.Windows.Forms.Screen.PrimaryScreen.Bounds.Width;

add adding the following reference:

using System.Windows.Forms;

Not sure this would deal with the resizing of the window, in which case you'll need to do some javascript, but this will do the job for me for now.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2015 00:00

Actually this way doesn't work as it get the server dimensions, not the client browsers.

You have to follow this approach, would hope to see this functionality built in, for later versions.

www.telerik.com/.../setting-radrotator-s-size-in-percent

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2015 00:00

Hi David,

Thank you for the shared solution with the community, it is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2015 00:00

Are you sold on the radrotator?  ...it's pretty oldschool/ghetto

The ImageGallery was to replace it demos.telerik.com/.../defaultcs.aspx

OR use another html5 rotator like royalslider dimsemenov.com/.../

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2015 00:00

Steve,

No I'm not, I would recommend others to look elsewhere for a solution.  Even now I have issues, firstly the scriptmanager has to be added to a master page rather than the control, so that I do not get two scriptmanagers at design time.  Also, it still doesn't work in design mode, but does work in preview mode.  Also when I click preview I get two preview tabs now.  It's been a lot of work and I still don't think it resizes properly with Chrome browser.

I would certainly be interested in the ImageGallery solution.  I am actually just looking to rotate text rather than images, but I'm guessing I can do this using ImageGallery?  Also I'm assuming ImageGallery is fully responsive?  If so then it's definitely something I will be looking into.

This thread is closed