Assembly Resources Not Updating for Custom Sitefinity Widget

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:04

Assembly Resources Not Updating for Custom Sitefinity Widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2015 00:00

I am having an issue with a Sitefinity widget that resides in a separate assembly.  I have a JavaScript file and ascx defined as embedded resources to the assembly for this widget.  When I deploy an updated assembly to the bin folder of our production server I noticed that the resource files don't always update and it is as if I am still using an older version of the resource files.

So far I have been able to resolve this issue by creating a script that clears the ASP.NET Temporary Cache and performs an IISRESET on the server.  It's almost as if the shadow copy operation for asp.net does not copy the assemblies to the ASP.NET Temporary Cache.

Has anyone ever had or seen this issue before?  If so, how did you resolve this issue?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2015 00:00

Also, here is the script to perform the IISRESET and clean the asp.net temporary cache.

@ECHO OFF
cls
Title IISRESET - CLEAN

ECHO ======================================================================
ECHO Performing IIS Reset and Clean
ECHO.

ECHO STOPPING IIS...
IISRESET /STOP
ECHO.

ECHO DELETING ASP.NET CACHE...
Del /F /Q /S %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\WebsiteCache\*.*
Del /F /Q /S %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\VWDWebCache\*.*
Del /F /Q /S "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Team Foundation\3.0\Cache\*.*"
Del /F /Q /S "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\*.*"
Del /F /Q /S "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\*.*"
Del /F /Q /S "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\*.*"
Del /F /Q /S "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\*.*"
ECHO.

ECHO STARTING IIS...
IISRESET /START
ECHO.

ECHO COMPLETE
ECHO.
ECHO.

pause

This thread is closed