How To Use Telerik MVC Scheduler In A Custom Siteinfinity MV

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:06

How To Use Telerik MVC Scheduler In A Custom Siteinfinity MVC Widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2015 00:00

I would like to use the Kendo.Mvc.Scheduler in a custom Sitefinity MVC Widget.

In my reference assembly that provides the custom widgets, I have referenced the Kendo.Mvc library and created a Controller/Model (copying the TaskViewModel from the samples) and a View.

In the Sitefinity project- in ResourcePackages\Bootstrap\MVC\Views\Layout\default.cshtml,   I am loading the KendoAll library with @Html.Script(ScriptRef.KendoAll, "top").   (Inline editing is turned off)

I can see the ScriptReference being added in chrome's developer console.

The @(Html.Kendo().Scheduler<AvianisWidgets.Mvc.Models.TaskViewModel>() (copied from the examples) tag is not being rendered.

I guess I am confused how to render these kendo.Ui elements, am I missing a step?

Thank you for your time!

Kevin Howell

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2015 00:00

Hello Kevin,

In order to use the wrappers for the KendoUI widgets, please note that you need to install KendoUI for MVC in your Sitefinity project since in Sitefinity we are using Kendo UI Professional which does not include the KendoUI for MVC.

After installing it you need to add reference to the Kendo.Mvc.UI assembly in your MVC view:

@using Kendo.Mvc.UI

Then you should be able to use the Kendo controls.

In addition to this, you may also refer to the following article for more details on how to use the kendo functionality without the server-side wrappers and without the need to install the KendoUI for MVC:

http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2015 00:00

Thank you very much, that did the trick!  Thank also for the information on how to use the kendo functionality without the KendoUI for MVC and server-side wrappers.

Yours,
Kevin Howell

This thread is closed