Developing for Sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:28

Developing for Sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2015 00:00

I work doing development for other companies, and would like to learn how to support Sitefinity.  I know you have the trial license to play with it for thirty days, but we will not be directly purchasing Sitefinity.  We have clients that have it, have asked for our help in the past, and will in the future.  Is there any kind of perpetual/annual developer's license that would allow me to just develop on my workstation (localhost only and outside of the thirty day trial)?  Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2015 00:00

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your note.

Unfortunately we do not have a developer license in place. Generally, Sitefinity CMS trials are for evaluation/proof of concept purposes only and not for development.

If by chance you are working on client development project, you should be associated with the client's license as it will allow you to gain access to the license and support assisted with the license.

Please feel free to email me directly with any questions you may have at Peter.Dudek@telerik.com

Regards,
Peter Dudek
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thank you for you reply.

I must say that I am surprised by the answer.  Having this (even for a fee) would increase sales.  Not having it makes it next to impossible for independent developers and small companies to learn and support - to get access to a license (hired to develop/support) you need experience, but to get experience you need access to a license.  The people in that situation are not likely to advise people to use your product.

Here's an idea.  Create a developer edition that only runs on localhost. 

That is exactly what I am looking for.

This thread is closed