Blogs: Adding a list of authors to choose from

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:01

Blogs: Adding a list of authors to choose from

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi everyone! 

I have a feature we're trying to build into the BLOG feature of Sitefinity.   At a high level, here is what we're trying to accomplish: 

On the admin side:

For each blog entry, we'd like to be able to assign an author -- from a list of multiple authors.  

On the public side:

When reading the article, I'd like the author's name to be clickable.  That would go to a page that lists all the articles from that author. 

We do have plenty of ways to generate ​the page that lists articles by the author, but the ability to assign the author and generating a clickable link to that page ​has been the nut we are unable to crack.

I'd appreciate any insight, suggestions or examples if anyone has accomplished something similar. 

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2015 00:00

Hello Stephen,

You can try to create a custom filed for the Author in the Blogs Posts (screenshot).

More information could be found here:
Custom fields
Build a custom field control manually (or using Sitefinity Thunder)

In addition, the Authors could be created as Dynamic Items and the filed to be a selector of that items.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2015 00:00

Thanks Svetoslav! I'll give that a try. 

Appreciate your response.  

This thread is closed