CSC.exe triggers on each page load

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:09

CSC.exe triggers on each page load

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2015 00:00

I have a SF site with MVC and each call to SF page first time triggers CSC.exe and takes too much of a load on CPU and time... what I can do it make it faster and "precompiled"?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi Narasimha,

This is a really strange issue. Are you running your project from Visual Studio ? Can you try hosting it on IIS ? Additionally you can find out more information about Sitefinity Pre Compila

http://docs.sitefinity.com/for-developers-sitefinity-precompiler-tool

Best Regards,
Junior Dominguez
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2015 00:00

yes, this happens when we ​debug with VS or when we run without debugging on IIS. The first time whenever a page is accessed it brings csc.exe to compile the Razor template and it really take 50% CPU time for nearly 10 seconds for each page. I tried the pre-compiler tool and it worked without any errors when I pre-compiled the hosted web site on local IIS. But when I run the app on each page CSC.exe is launched and takes time to load the page. This happens only when first time a page is accessed.

Please notice that we use Feather Bootstrap template. 

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2015 00:00

Hi Narasimha,

The precompilation tool does not compile Feather templates, as well as, custom layout controls. This means that the compiler will run the first time a template should compiled. Furthermore, the csc.exe could run in several occasions even after the precompilation. It could fire for code in the global application class (global.asax) or in the App_Code folder. It will be executed also if you are using many custom MVC widgets.
However, you can perform a test using default controls (for instance, content blocks) and the compiler would not be fired after the precompilation. You can give it a try with duplicating pages with same widgets and calling them in a row.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed