Custom Widget (Usrecontrol) in Sitefinity Dashboard

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:00

Custom Widget (Usrecontrol) in Sitefinity Dashboard

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi All,

I am having a dynamic module and i am creating a widget to view the data in the dynamic module on selecting the title from a drop down list. I created a widget and  registered the widget within the toolbox from Settings and dragged and dropped the widget in the dashboard. but unfortunately onselectedindexchange of the dropdown nothing happens. Data is not getting binded to the textbox. Is it possible to have a custom widget(user control ) in sitefinity dashboard?? Why the dropdownlist is not triggering onselected index change. Please help me.

Please find my code : 

<asp:ScriptManager runat="server" />
<asp:UpdatePanel runat="server" ChildrenAsTriggers="True" UpdateMode="Conditional">
    <ContentTemplate>
        <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlRegion" runat="server" Width="200px" AutoPostBack="true" OnSelectedIndexChanged="ddlRegion_SelectedIndexChanged">
            <asp:ListItem Text="Select Region" Value="0" Selected="True"></asp:ListItem>
        </asp:DropDownList>
        <table>
            <tr>
                <td>
                    <label>Title</label></td>
                <td>
                    <textarea id="txtTitle" runat="server"></textarea></td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                <td>
                    <label>Programs in State</label></td>
                <td>
                    <textarea runat="server" id="txtProgramsInState"></textarea></td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                <td>
                    <label>State program approval</label></td>
                <td>
                    <textarea runat="server" id="txtStateProgramApproval"></textarea></td>
            </tr>          
        </table>
    </ContentTemplate>
    <Triggers>
        <asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="ddlRegion"
            EventName="SelectedIndexChanged" />
    </Triggers>
</asp:UpdatePanel>

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi,

The widget should work on the dashboard. Please, test the widget on a normal sitefinity page to see if it works there. If it work, test again on the Dashboard and check Chrome Dev tools for any errors. After that check the error logs as well.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed