Email campaign subscriber information seems to be in two tab

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:52

Email campaign subscriber information seems to be in two tables, but why?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2015 00:00

We're currently looking into a mail delivery issue in the Email Campaigns feature and in order to avoid sending thousands of people test emails we went ahead and updated the sf_subscriber table changing all email addresses to an internal email address. 

We confirmed this change by navigating to Subscribers under the Email Campaigns menu. (All subscriber email addresses had been changed)

Using Smtp4Dev we then set about Creating and Sending an Issue to 5 users. What we didn't expect to find was that the ​Issue would have gone out to the subscribers and their original email addresses. 

Using a text search tool that searches all tables in a database for matching text values we found duplicate subscriber records  in the sf_notif_subscribers. Sadly, using the Sitefinity Backend to change one of the subscribers does NOT update this table, so we're confused now about the purpose of these two tables. 

What are they for and how is the data in them managed? 

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2015 00:00

Hello Jacques,

Please note that it is not supported to make manual changes directly in the database since this may harm your project and cause issues.

I made some tests on my side and created a subscriber and sent an issue to this subscriber. After that I updated the email of the subscriber from the backend under Marketing -> Subscribers and sent an issue again. The issue was sent to the updated email. I am sending attached a short video demonstrating the behavior on my side.

Please note that we had a known issue that when the email of a subscriber is updated, the new issue is sent to the old email. Here is the link to the description of the bug on our feedback portal. Fortunately, the issue has been resolved in Sitefinity 6.3.5017 as noted on the above link. If your current Sitefinity version is below this internal build, I would suggest that you upgrade your project to the latest Sitefinity release in order to have this fix included.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed