Moving Form built on one server to another

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:38

Moving Form built on one server to another

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2015 00:00

How do I move a Form I built on the development server to a different server?

Thank you

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2015 00:00

Hello Jason,

The way you can move a Form from one project to another without SiteSync is to implement your own service and using the Forms API to query/create the Form on the destination project
 - or -
depending on your needs and scenario you can copy the source project and its database on the destination server.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2015 00:00

Could I do some SQL export/import to accomplish this?  Like select the form and components, export to csv then import into the target machine database. 

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2015 00:00

Hello Jason,

Manual management of the database is not supported scenario. In that particular case there are different tables and configuration affected , so we can not confirm if all the functionality will work as expected by just export/import tables.

The correct approach is by using the SiteSync, Forms API or copy of the database.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed