AddressField in RadMultiPage

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:17

AddressField in RadMultiPage

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2015 00:00

I'm making use of the CustomAddressField here:

www.sitefinity.com/.../how-to-customize-the-google-maps-widget-that-comes-with-dynamic-content-(telerik-sitefinity-web-ui-fields-addressfield-)

using a RadPageView like so:

<telerik:RadPageView runat="server" id="RadPageView2">
<custom:CustomAddressField runat="server" DataFieldName="Address" IsMapExpanded="true" AddressTemplate="" />
</telerik:RadPageView>

However it doesn't render when you first click the tab.   After you click view map to hide and show the map again, the map renders correctly?

Is there anyway to get the map to render property when the tab is clicked?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2015 00:00

The same problem occurs if you just use the standard AddressField in a RadTapStrip.  I've tried adding Ajax Manager and specifying the TapStrip and Multipage.  But that doesn't help

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi,

I am unable to reproduce this behavior using the stock address field. Can you please inspect the browser developer console (f12 key in Chrome) for any errors after the page is loaded and on the first click. Also can you elaborate further about the actual customization you have done to the AddressField.

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi Velizar,

I've switched back to using the default AddressField, no customization and I still get the error.

I didn't see any errors using the debugger on the browser.

I have a test site running, so you can see the problem:

test.pad4u.com/.../Chatsworth-Road--Manchester-10001014

Then just Click Map, which is just a RadTabStrip, with RadMultiPage.

The code is just:

<telerik:RadPageView runat="server" id="RadPageView2">
                   <sf:AddressField runat="server" DataFieldName="Address" IsMapExpanded="true" AddressTemplate=""  />
                </telerik:RadPageView>​

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi Velizar,

Are you now able to reproduce the issue, or should I email the full template so that you can?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2015 00:00

Hello,

I am unable to access the link you have provided. Can you please open a support ticket so that we can provide you with a way to get your project to us locally so we can inspect it.

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi Velizar,

Haven't managed to renew support yet, but still trying!

Reading around the problem occurs because of how Google Maps works.  If the AddressField is placed in a tab that is not the selected tab, (a non visible tab), then I believe the dimensions are not set on the container and map fails to render.

The work around is to run some javascript on the ontabclick event:

<script>
function OnClientTabSelected(sender, eventArgs)
google.maps.event.trigger(map_canvas_read, 'resize');

</script>

This will make the map render, but then you have the problem of the map is not cantered.  Normally you could just save the map centre before the resize and then call something like map.SetCenter, but we can't do that with an AddressField, because I don't have the map object to use.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jul-2015 00:00

Same thing happens if you use javascript, like so (unless this is the first tab in a multitab/multipage control, streetview will not render).

<telerik:RadPageView runat="server" id="RadPageView4">
<telerik:RadCodeBlock>
<script>
function initstreetview()
var position = new google.maps.LatLng(<%# Eval("Latitude") %>, <%# Eval("Longitude") %>);
var panoramaOptions =
position: position,
pov:
heading: 165,
pitch: 0
zoom: 1
;
var myPano = new google.maps.StreetViewPanorama(
document.getElementById('street-canvas'),
panoramaOptions);
myPano.setVisible(true);

google.maps.event.addDomListener(window, 'load', initstreetview);
</script>
</telerik:RadCodeBlock>
<div id="street-canvas" style="height: 400px;"></div>
</telerik:RadPageView>

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jul-2015 00:00

However, you can fix this easily in javascript by calling this on selectedtab:

However, with the addressField I don't have access to the map, or it's not called map.  If I were to do map.SetZoom, I would get a map is undefined error.  Is there a variable for the addressField map that I can use in javascript?

function resizeMap(sender, args)

var tab = args.get_tab();
if (tab.get_text() == 'Streetview')

google.maps.event.trigger(myPano,'resize');
myPano.setZoom(myPano.getZoom() );

This thread is closed