Change Password widget not working (showing Blank page)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:10

Change Password widget not working (showing Blank page)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2015 00:00

Hello,

Following this documentation http://docs.sitefinity.com/change-password-widget , everything works fine, except the page where the change password widget is dropped. After the link in the forgot password email is sent, the page redirects to a blank even when I dropped the change password widget there on that page. I'm using claims-based authentication.

Is there a solution I don't know about? or am I doing something wrong.

Please help.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jan-2016 00:00

I'm got the same issue. Followed the documentation and it shows nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jan-2016 00:00

Hello Geoff,

I will need some more details to be able to help with the issue.

How are you trying to access the Change Password page? Is it through the link included in the Password recovery email you receive or you are trying to directly access the page through its URL?
For the widget to work correctly and to be rendered in particular, there should be certain query parameters present.

I suppose you use claims-based authentication mode as it is the only mode that supports Change password functionality.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Regards,
Boyko Nistorov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2016 00:00

Boyko,

Accessing the page through the URL, so not parameters there. 

Geoff

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jan-2016 00:00

Hi Geoff,

Change password is an action related to a particular user account. Change password widget only gives the possibility to input the new password and in order to do this it needs encrypted query parameters to find the correct user and to validate - the specific user has requested this action.

To do this, the user that clicked on the link: Forgot password?(in Login widget), receives an e-mail with a personal URL link, that leads him to the Change password page. The link contains the user-identifying query parameters. 

All this step-by-step setup is explained in our documentation: http://docs.sitefinity.com/change-password-widget 

Let me know if you need more help on the topic.

Regards,
Boyko Nistorov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed