RAD Editor - Colors dropdown not showing title

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:11

RAD Editor - Colors dropdown not showing title

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi Team,

We are using RAD Editor with Sitefinity 8.0. We want to show our custom color collection instead of default color collection in Colors drop down in RAD Editor tool bar.

We followed below link and added our color collection using ToolsFile.
http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/controls/editor/functionality/toolbars/dropdowns/colors

Following are the steps taken by us:
1. Open dashboard, go to Administration - > Settings -> Global Settings -> Text editor settings
2. Edit Default tool set
3. Below mentioned color collection is added in tool set:

<colors>  
      <color Title="Dark Cyan" value="#008265" />
      <color Title="Light Blue" value="#6BACC2" />
      <color Title="Dark Blue" value="#2C76AA" />
      <color Title="Light Gray" value="#ECECEC" />
      <color value="#E1E1E1" />
      <color value="#4F4F4F" />
      <color value="#5C8727" />
      <color value="#38939B" />  
      <color value="#79655F" />  
      <color value="#A84D0F" />  
      <color value="#D06F19" />
      <color value="#C2A204" />
</colors>

4. Save tool set

As mentioned above, we are providing Title for few color values but we are unable to see any title for color in Colors drop down in RAD Editor.

See the attached screenshot for your reference.

Please let us know resolution for this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Lipi Jain

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jul-2015 00:00

Hello Lipi,

Actually the color name could be set using the markup but not in the tools file. This will be indicated in the article you mentioned.

In order to use in in Sitefinity in content block you need to map the template of the HtmlField and add the settings needed there.

You can take a look on that blog post how the HtmlField could be changed (in your case you can skip point 2 of the article).

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jul-2015 00:00

Hello Svetoslav, 

Thanks for your reply.

I'll try this but as per the article mentioned in my earlier post, we can set title of the color using Tools file as well like below:

<color Title ="My color" value="#FF00EE" /> ​

I'll prefer to use Tools file. Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Lipi

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2015 00:00

Hello Lipi,

This functionality is not available using the tools file.

This misprint will be corrected in the respective documentation article, as it is misleading. The title set is available using the markup, as described in my last replay.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed