Error 401 when calling the services in mozilla, IE, SOAPUI a

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:38

Error 401 when calling the services in mozilla, IE, SOAPUI and wcfTestClient

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi again Experts,

I've started developing to sitefinity and there is a strange situation that i didnt solve since the beginning.
I only can get the results from sitefinity services if I call them from chrome browser, and not from Mozilla, Mozilla Developer or IE.
I also tried calling the web services provided from SOAPUI and wcfTestClient.
In all of the not working cases I get error 401. 
(it is mandatory that I'm logged in on the site else I'll get 401 error even in chrome)
To call the service I just put this url in the browser :
"localhost:port/.../"

What could be causing this? How can I handle this?

Thanks in advance,
Nelson

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2015 00:00

Hello Nelson,

If you are logged in that browser and the authentication cookies are present, you should be able to access the services. From the reported browsers, do you have problem browsing the backend or using the services from the backend, since the protected services are used through it. You can try clearing the browser cache and cookies, login again and try access the services. Note that some of the services might not have a default get method and accessing them by url directly will throw an exception of an invalid method.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2015 00:00

Hello Nikola Zagorchev ,

You are right, Thanks for the explanation.

Regards, 

Nelson 

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2015 00:00

Hello Nelson,

Thank you for the reply. I am marking this as answered.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed