Content > News - How to set a specific library as teh sta

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:48

Content > News - How to set a specific library as teh start point when sourcing an image?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2015 00:00

Hi SF Forum,

Issue: 

I am using the out-of-the-box News module under Content > News.

I have added a custom property for all news items to have an image.

However I cannot see where to set the start Library level when selecting an image under the custom property assigned to a news item?

Scenario:

Each time I create a new news item under Content > News I can select an image fine, however I always get "Default Library" level.

I have another library called "News" and I would like to set it so that when I am creating a new News Content Item and I go to add the image I immediately start at the News Library node level and not the libraries root "default Library" level?

How do I go about changing / setting this?

Any suggestions or pointers in the right direction appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Aug-2015 00:00

So under:
Administration > Settings > Advanced > News > Controls > NewsBackend > Views > NewsBackendList 

I believe I need to set the specific library path within this area but still I cannot see a logical field or option to support this?

Can anyone advise?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2015 00:00

Hello Steven,

You can try the following approach:
- Go to:
Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> News -> Controls -> NewsBackend -> Views -> NewsBackendEdit / NewsBackendInsert -> Sections -> RelatedMediaSection -> Fields -> <your field>

- Find the property "SourceLibraryId", where set the Id of the Library you need
- Set also the property "UseOnlySelectMode" to True
 (screenshot), 

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed