List & Single(Detail) News widget on same page - supress

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:37

List & Single(Detail) News widget on same page - supress single item showing in the list.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2015 00:00

I have a Single News Item widget and also a List News Widget on the same page.

I have the ContentViewDisplayMode set to Master for the List Widget and it is displaying correctly. However, I want to filter the List Widget so the article in the Single Item widget doesn't not show in the List.

Is there a way to set the filter expression to read the url built by the Single item Widget to suppress that item?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Aug-2015 00:00

Hi Kris,

If I correctly understand your needs, you can try this approach:
- Add the two News widgets on the Page
- Select the settings/filtering you need for both of them.
- Set (as in the example video below) the Last 3 items widget to be in Master Mode (Edit > Advanced > ContentViewDisplayMode > (set) Master).

You can find a short video demonstration how it works.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Aug-2015 00:00

Not quite.

From your example, if you clicked item 1 on the top list (Test 3 red) when it goes to the detail view, I would want that item to not appear in the bottom list of "Last 3 News" . That list would now show 12, 8, & 7 instead of 3, 12, & 8.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2015 00:00

Hello Kris,

In that case you could create a custom control to show that last 'N' Items querying them using the News API

Than you can check and exclude that Item from the last 'N' list in case it is currently displayed based on the current url. 

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2015 00:00

That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping there was a way to do it without having to write a custom control.

Thanks.

This thread is closed