Where in database is the Page Layout html stored?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:31

Where in database is the Page Layout html stored?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Sep-2015 00:00

I'm getting "object reference not set to instance" when I try to edit a custom Page Layout (Design > Page Templates).  It's based on a template located in the file system ResourcePackages > Bootstrap > MVC > Views > Layouts.

We're in the middle of a "fire drill" getting the site ready for our client, so I don't want to jack something up by republishing. I've deleted temporary files on IIS (Azure) and restarted the app, but no joy.

I was hoping to find the html in the database somewhere to back it up before repushing dlls, but I can't locate the table in the db.

Does anybody know offhand where that html is stored in the db?  At this point I'm opening up every table to peek.

Regards,
Jonathan

Sitefinity v8.1.5 on Azure

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2015 00:00

Hi Jonathan,

The main Page templates table is 'sf_page_templates' but managing the database manually is not supported.

From other hand in case you reproduce the issue locally, can you provide the error, logged under ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs after reproducing the issue. Please remove the files in that folder in advance for easy reference.
How to get the error log from Sitefinity deployment to Azure could be found here.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed