Events Registration Widget NullReferenceException on Sitefin

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:43

Events Registration Widget NullReferenceException on Sitefinity 7.2

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Sep-2015 00:00

Hello, 

I downloaded the Events Registration Widget on version 7.2. I followed the comments on www.sitefinity.com/.../event-registration-widget---sitefinity-7-0

Basically recompiled the solution but referencing the site's dlls. Everything seems to be working fine, and I was able to follow the video tutorial on the "Sitefinity Events Registration Installation" video.

However, when I go to the live site, when I click on an event I get the following exception. I don't know if this is due to misconfiguration on my part (although I'm following the tutorial) or if it's due to compiling for 7.2.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] EventsRegistration.FormsControlCustom.InitializeControls(GenericContainer container) +857 Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls() +52 System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +83 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +155 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +155 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +155 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +155 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +974

Any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks.

-- UPDATE --

This seems to have to do with associating the event to a product. I created a text custom field in the event to hold the product name, and I copy the title of the product into that field (don't know if there's another identifier to input there). Without associating the event to a product the form gets rendered, although the submit is not working.

I get the following error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'appendChild' of null in javascript.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Sep-2015 00:00

Hello Alejandro,

Please note that the Events Registration widget is not tested for Sitefinity version 7.0 and above.

Regarding the issue, as far as I can see from the error message you are getting the issue occurs in the InitializeControls() method in the FormsControlCustom.cs control which is part of the Events Registration widget.

It is really hard to say what might be the reason for the issue, however what I assume is that Sitefinity is not able to get the value of the custom field added to the Events? Can you please try to run the project in debug mode and and check where exactly the issue occurs?

What I can also suggest is that you take a look at the following video demonstrating in details how you can implement and use the sample in a Sitefinity project which may be helpful to install it on your side:

Sitefinity Events Registration Installation

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed