Unable to install Application (Testimonial) Module

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:49

Unable to install Application (Testimonial) Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2015 00:00

I was trying to implement the Testimonial Module for our Local Project using instructions provided at - docs.sitefinity.com/tutorial-create-a-testimonials-intra-site-module.

I followed all the instruction provided at the above link and after building the solution successfully, created the new Module from settings area. However when I'm trying to install the Module from
backend section at - localhost:60876/.../ModulesAndServices

I get an error. The error message is (screenshot attached) - 

“No metadata has been registered for class 'SitefinityWebApp.Modules.Testimonials.Data.Testimonial, SitefinityWebApp, Version=7.1.5200.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. (This usually indicates, that either this class is not declared persistent or it is declared persistent but not enhanced. The class was loaded from file:///..:/../../../bin/SitefinityWebApp.DLL.)”

The Sitefinity Version is 7.1.5200.0.

What do I need to do to make it work. Have I done something wrong? Please advise. Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2015 00:00

A completed version of the Testimonial module can be downloaded from 

https://github.com/Sitefinity-SDK/Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples.Testimonials

Specifically compare the TestimonialsModule.cs file you created verse what is in the SDK.  Also try adding a breakpoint on on the Install method and run the Visual Studio Debugger to get more info on what went wrong.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2015 00:00

Thanks for the help. We have figured it out and have implemented it in our Application.

Now, we would like to add a functionality of image upload in the Testimonial Module. How will we achieve it, so that images can be uploaded from both Backend and Frontend.

Thanks.

This thread is closed