Author field on News module cannot be stored in database.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:24

Author field on News module cannot be stored in database.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2015 00:00

Hi, When I edit one news item, I enter something to Author field and publish it. But when I open the news item again, I found author's value is empty.

How to fix it?

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2015 00:00

Hello Allen,

I have just tested this in Sitefinity 8.1 and I was not able to reproduce the issue. The value that is entered in the Author field is properly saved after the item is published. I am sending attached a short video for your convenience to demonstrate this.

Which is the Sitefinity version you are using? Do you receive any error messages while trying to publish the news items? Can you please try to edit a news item and change the value of any other field and let me know if the changes will be persisted after publishing the news item?

Please also delete the error logs under the ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs folder (or save them to another location for a backup) and then try to reproduce the issue by trying to set the Author field and to publish the news item. Then please send me the generated files under the Logs folder. The error logs may contain more details about this and what might be causing it.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed