Type or namespace name 'Cms' does not exist in the n

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:41

Type or namespace name 'Cms' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik' - while using Telerik.Cms.Web.UI

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2015 00:00

Hi,

I was trying to customize the breadcrumb using the following code. Here i am trying to register Telerik.Cms.Web.UI. But when i build the application i get the error 

"Error9 : The type or namespace name 'Cms' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik' (are you missing an assembly reference?)" 

<%@ Register TagPrefix="sfweb" Namespace="Telerik.Cms.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Cms.Web.UI"  %>  
<asp:HyperLink ID="lnkHome" runat="server" NavigateUrl="/home" Text="Home" />   
<sfweb:Breadcrumb ID="bCrumb" runat="server" PathSeparator="/"/> 

I cant find this dll in my bin also. I am using Sitefinity 8.0 

Why is this dll missing or am i trying to do something that is wrong or doesnt exist in sitefinity 8.0

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2015 00:00

Anju,

If I remember correctly, Telerik.Cms is from a super old version. In 4.0+, things have moved (It was a complete rewrite).

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Oct-2015 00:00

Hello,

The HostType of the Breadcrumb widget that we use in Sitefinity 8.x version is the following:

Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls.Breadcrumb.Breadcrumb, Telerik.Sitefinity

​You can reference the built - in widget in your aspx page as long as the Sitefinity assemblies are in the project's bin folder. Also you will have to include the following declaration:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls.Breadcrumb" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2015 00:00

Thanks Tim and Stefani for the response. Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls.Breadcrumb worked. 

This thread is closed