In case if user already logged from another device redirect

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:07

In case if user already logged from another device redirect him to custom logout page.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Oct-2015 00:00

I have setup custom login page in site settings and redirect works fine but in case user is already logged in from another browser it redirects him to localhost/Sitefinity/SignOut/selflogout?ReturnUrl=%2faccount

I want to redirect him to custom page for logout or do force logout.

I have enabled "Automatically logout backend users from other HTTP clients on login" but it doesn't work for me.

Is anyone have any idea?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2015 00:00

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to double check that you have applied all of the instructions described in our documentation? Please after applying these settings restart the project, login and logout your user.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2015 00:00

Double checked. Didn't work.

Setup: localhost/account - require authentication to view. localhost/account/signin - custom login page. User is logged off on both browsers (FF and Chrome).

Steps:

1) navigate to localhost/account in FF - got redirected to localhost/.../signin

2) logged in in FF successfully, redirected back to http://localhost/account/

3) navigate to localhost/account in Chrome - got redirected to localhost/.../signin
4) logged in in Chrome successfully, redirected back to http://localhost/account/

5) navigate to localhost/account in FF or refresh - got redirection to sfdev/.../selflogout

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Oct-2015 00:00

Hello Aleksandr,

The described scenario is an expected behaviour for backend users by design.

This should not be an issue with users which do not have backend access. So please confirm your scenario.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed