Navigation missing field on one page only.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:33

Navigation missing field on one page only.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2015 00:00

We've just made our page live and I am currently looking at allowing access to our members area for our clients. As part of this we have a Members Area home page that has links to access areas for downloads, forums etc.

The Members Area is a top level page and is set to be included in the Navigation, I have then set up a role for registered users that can has access to this page and it's child pages. When signed in as a client user I am able to see the Members Area in the Navigation as required on every page except the Home Page.

I have looked at every setting I can think of, and I am unable to figure this out, when logged in every other page displays the Members Area in the navigation, the only difference between the Home Page and other pages is the template that is being used, other than that every other setting is the same as far as I can tell.

Is anyone able to shed any light on why this may be happening  and how I can resolve it?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2015 00:00

Hello James,

Which Sitefinity version you are using, as there is a bug logged here:
http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/153/Feedback/Details/138658-login-name-is-not-displayed-on-home-page-for-any-user-but-administrator

It is already fixed in 8.0 5703.0.

In case your project is earlier version I would recommend you to upgrade it to the latest one (currently 8.1).

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2015 00:00

Svetoslav,

We are currently running 8.0.5730 so I would have assumed if it was fixed in 8.0.5703 it would have been in our current version?

I will try upgrading our development environment to 8.1 this morning to see if this resolves the issue and get back to you.

Regards,

James

This thread is closed