Creating Dynamic content and set parent not working

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:07

Creating Dynamic content and set parent not working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2015 00:00

Hi, 

I am trying to create a dashboard widget to import data from a CSV to a dynamic content which is in a hierarchical pattern. 

I have manually created the parent dynamic content and in my widget i use a dropdown to select the parent content and upload the CSV to create the data a child of that particular Parent. 

Please find the code i have used for creating dynamic content through API's.

public void CreateChildContentFromCSV(Record csvDataObj,Guid parentId)

DynamicModuleManager dynamicModuleManager = DynamicModuleManager.GetManager(Constants.ConstantVariables.ProviderName);
            DynamicContent dataContentItem = dynamicModuleManager.CreateDataItem(Constants.ModuleTypes.dataContentItemType);

// Set item parent
            Type admissionType = Constants.ModuleTypes.admissionType;
            dataContentItem .SetParent(parentId, admissionType.FullName);

// This is how values for the properties are set
            dataContentItem .SetValue("Title", licensure.LicensureTitle);
            licensureItem.SetValue("Description", licensure.Description);
            string UrlName = Regex.Replace(licensure.LicensureTitle.ToLower(), @"[^\w\-\!\$\'\(\)\=\@\d_]+", "-");
            licensureItem.SetString("UrlName", UrlName);
            licensureItem.SetValue("Owner", SecurityManager.GetCurrentUserId());
            licensureItem.SetValue("PublicationDate", DateTime.Now.ToUniversalTime());

ILifecycleDataItem publishedItem = dynamicModuleManager.Lifecycle.Publish(dataContentItem);
            licensureItem.SetWorkflowStatus(dynamicModuleManager.Provider.ApplicationName, "Published");
            dynamicModuleManager.SaveChanges();

I am getting the content created but only the parent is not set. When i set it manually it works. Can somebody help me figure out what am i doing wrong? 

This thread is closed