help creating a form in the form editor

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:04

help creating a form in the form editor

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2015 00:00

I am trying to create a form with a table as attached, but whenever I drop the text box module on the page, it insists on a title.  As you can see, the grey fields on this form don't have separate titles, they all fit under a single heading. How do I create this (without writing code). thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2015 00:00

Hello,

The scenario you are trying to achieve is not possible out of the box. You will need to create a custom Form control to achieve your needs: http://docs.sitefinity.com/tutorial-build-a-form-widget

As a workaround you can input a space " " for the Title, which would also make the label disappear.

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2016 00:00

Hello,

The titles space " " worked for my first question! Glad that was a quick fix. Hopefully I can tag on to this and ask.

For the Multiple Choice widget,  is there a way for me to let users select multiple options from the list?

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2016 00:00

Hi,

This is only possible when the Multiple choice widget is set to render the choices as checkboxes and not radio buttons. To configure that go to edit the widget properties, go to Advanced and set the RenderChoicesAs property to CheckBoxes.

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2016 00:00

Apologies, I am new to this. I went to the widget, as instructed, and changed the rendering. This is what happened. 

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2016 00:00

Hello,

On what version of Sitefinity are you experiencing this problem? Have you tried dragging the widget on the form and configuring it again? By default the widget is configured to render the choices as checkboxes.

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2016 00:00

I have version 8.2. I see the check boxes and multiple choice widgets. I am using the multiple choice. When I drag it onto the form, they are circles, not check boxes. Do I need to use the check boxes widget? Are they essentially the same? If so, I need to be able to select more than one choice at a time. 

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2016 00:00

Hi,

You should be using the Checkboxes widget instead. It allows the user to select more than one choice.

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2016 00:00

Well I made that way more complicated on myself than it needed to be. 

Huge help! Thanks a ton!

This thread is closed