401 Error when attempting to access localhost web services

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:26

401 Error when attempting to access localhost web services

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Oct-2015 00:00

Hi,

I'm trying to implement the AuthenticateUser we web service call , located in /Sitefinity/Services/Security/Users.svc, by following this article about getting started with RESTful services in Sitefinity.  However, when I get to the GetResponse line in RESTfulClient.InvokeRequest(), I encounter the following error:

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

I have already set the Anonymous Authentication in IIS to Enabled. What else do I need to properly establish credentials on my local host?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2015 00:00

Hello,

Could you take a look at this article.

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/svetlayankova/posts/svetla-yankovas-blog/2013/01/02/working-with-restful-services-part-2-claims-authentication-and-designing-service-calls

its likely you have claims authentication on and that is the wrong endpoint to use for claims.

Also, I'm curious if you are working with an existing Sitefinity client? If so, you may want to have them add you as a licensed developer so you can access support under their license.

Regards,
Dale
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2015 00:00

[quote]I'm curious if you are working with an existing Sitefinity client? If so, you may want to have them add you as a licensed developer so you can access support under their license.[/quote]

I am running the trial version of Sitefinity, and I am the only user/administrator for that environment.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Oct-2015 00:00

Hi,

Great, please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
Dale
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed