Bootstrap Carousel from Sitefinity Image Libraries

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:01

Bootstrap Carousel from Sitefinity Image Libraries

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Oct-2015 00:00

I am experiencing a tremendous amount of trouble with getting the built-in MVC Feather Image Galleries to work correctly, so I was instead thinking about implementing the standard Bootstrap carousel functionality in my pages.

Is there a way to simply use the Urls to the specific Sitefinity Images in the Image Libraries (rather than using a relative path to the file system images) as part of my Bootstrap carousel or do I have to develop some custom functionality in order to accomplish this?

Please advise.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Oct-2015 00:00

Hello Samir,

You can take a look on the "thumbnail-strip" view of the Image gallery widget. The widget's source code  could be found in GitHub.

Where to try implement the rotation for example in the JavaScript:
https://github.com/Sitefinity/feather-widgets/blob/master/Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.Media/Mvc/Scripts/ImageGallery/thumbnail-strip.js

or use any external third party library that provides such carousel functionality using the simple list view of the Image Gallery widget.

I hope the information above was useful.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed