Custom Widget with MediaContentSelectorView

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:08

Custom Widget with MediaContentSelectorView

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Nov-2015 00:00

Hi,

I am working to create a custom widget having functionality to upload the image and show that on UI. I am using MediaContentSelectorView for this purpose and facing an issue "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I have tried many things and suggestions as found in sitefinity forums but no success.

Then I have commented whole code related to MediaContentSelectorView except the mark up on Designer(.ascx) file but the exception is same.

I have used this code:

In SliderControlDesigner.ascx file:

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.Web.UI.Designers" TagPrefix="sf" %>

<sf:MediaContentSelectorView

ID="SelectorView"
  runat="server"
  ContentType="Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Document"
  ParentType="Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.DocumentLibrary"                                  LibraryBinderServiceUrl="~/Sitefinity/Services/Content/DocumentLibraryService.svc/"                             MediaContentBinderServiceUrl="~/Sitefinity/Services/Content/DocumentService.svc/"                             MediaContentItemsListDescriptionTemplate="Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Templates.Designers.Libraries.Documents.DocumentItemDescriptionTemplate.htm"
DisplayResizingOptionsControl="false"
 ShowOpenOriginalSizeCheckBox="false">
 </sf:MediaContentSelectorView>

In SliderControlDesigner.cs:

protected virtual MediaContentSelectorView SelectorView

get

return this.Container.GetControl<MediaContentSelectorView>("SelectorView", true);

In GetScriptDescriptors() method:

descriptor.AddComponentProperty("selectorview", this.SelectorView.ClientID);

I have commented whole code related to MediaContentSelectorView except the mark up on SliderControlDesigner.ascx  file but the exception is same.

I am working on sitefinity version 8.2.5900.0 .

Please give me your suggestions and help me to get it resolved.

Thank you,

Prateek Tayal

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2015 00:00

Hi Prateek,

You can check the implementation of the Image selector described in that documentation article:
http://docs.sitefinity.com/tutorial-create-an-image-selector-for-content-items

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed