Page Template Permissions

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:53

Page Template Permissions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2015 00:00

Hi, I have an LDAP/Active Directory role that needs to be able to create/edit page templates. I've added all of the permissions under the following sections to the role but the users with the role still cannot see the Design menu item in the backend header.

Widget templates --> Pages

Widget templates --> PageTemplates

Widget templates --> Controls

What needed permissions am I missing?

Thanks,

Devin

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2015 00:00

Hi Devin,

I have replied this question in the Support ticket you submitted recently.

Sharing the reply with the community:

"An alternative consists on creating a custom role and assigning it to the specific LDAP user(s). Then go to Administration->BackendPages then under Sitefinity->Design->Templates and clink on the Permissions of the Page Templates page. In this section, grant the different permissions (View, Create, etc.) to the custom role. The user will be able to create the Page template however won't be able to modify it directly due to the default permissions for new page templates. To solve this, edit the created page template and grant permissions to the custom role though. After that it will be able to modify it (video)

However an easier way consists on assigning the LDAP user(s) to the built-in roles Designer and Editor. Designer will allow them to deal with some sections like Page Templates, Responsive Design, etc. and Editor will allow it do deal with other sections like News, Events, Pages, Dynamic modules,  etc."

Best Regards,
Junior Dominguez
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2015 00:00

Junior, thank you!

This thread is closed