Widget in External LIbrary not recognizing RadControls

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:53

Widget in External LIbrary not recognizing RadControls

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2015 00:00

Creating widgets in a separate library seems to be a great idea, but there are some obvious things that we're having difficulty with:

We can't find documentation anywhere indicating what type of project you're supposed to create so we assumed a regular C# project.

Registering RadControls

We added a reference to our Sitefinity project's Telerik.Web.UI assembly as well as the Design and Skins assemblies as you can see in the attached References.png file. Then...

We register RadControls like this on the user control:

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" %>

As you can see from the attached image "Ascx At Register.png" RadControls are still not recognized.

When I added the new widget to the project using Thunder, it correctly registered it in my Sitefinity project and the Wizard control does actually show up on a Sitefinity page when I drop the widget onto a page.

Resource Not Found

The next problem we're seeing is that the next button keeps rendering out on the browser with the text "#ResourceNotFOund#;RadWizard:Next" as can be see in the attached image "Wizard Resource Issue".

To this end we've tried

1. Adding a Thunder based Resource file with a Random name and tried adding the Next property to it.
  2. We tried naming the resource file RadWizard.cs.
  3. We tried adding a resx file and naming it RadWizard.resx
  4. We tried adding a resx file, naming it RadWizard.resx and placing it in a App_GlobalResources folder (although, since this is a c# library project I'm not sure what affect that would have - but we did make it an embedded resource)

We're not sure what else to try but so far our efforts in the external widget assembly haven't gone too well!

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2015 00:00

Hi Jacques,

Are you using your code in Sitefinity solution or non-Sitefinity asp.net project? Do you have the same issue with another controls?
Can you provide your control, or isolated sample?

Not that you can not use the RadControls shipped with Sitefinity in external project (application).

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2015 00:00

Hi Svetoslav,

It's a Sitefinity project. Are you saying it IS or IS NOT possible to create widgets in separate essemblies/projects? (And use the RadControls version that comes with Sitefinity inside that external assemby?)

Regular Asp.net controls like labels and validation controls work fine.

I can provide the example, but zipped it's 32Mb so where would you like me to put it?

Regards,
Jacques

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2015 00:00

No response in 4 days??

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Dec-2015 00:00

Hi Jacques,

I have answered you in the opened support ticked. Once you have the resolution you can shared it with the community.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed