Issues with Adding new fields for MVC Forms

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:25

Issues with Adding new fields for MVC Forms

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2016 00:00

I was following these  Intsructions to add a new MVC Form field to Sitefinity: docs.sitefinity.com/for-developers-create-new-fields-for-mvc-forms

I now see the new control in the toolbox but cannot use it. whenever i drag it to the form i see the following Error: Exception occured while executing the controller. Check error logs for details.

After Looking at the error log file, for which the message was:

Message : c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\hsm\025f299b\2f410f2f\App_Web_write.default.cshtml.d203bf8d.9k2rpzki.0.cs(28): error CS0012: The type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.Forms.Mvc.Models.Fields.FormFieldModel' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.Forms, Version=1.4.360.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I made sure that both libraries contain a reference to Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.Forms, but i still see the same issue.

Exception occured while executing the controller. Check error logs for details.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jan-2016 00:00

Hello Koby,

In order to investigate the issue we will need some more information.

How did you install the Feather module - did you install any Feather Nugget packages or download the code from Git?

Could you please check the version of the following dlls into the bin folder:
Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.dll
Telerik.Sitefinity.MVC.dll
Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.Forms.dll
If they all are with the correct version 1.4.360.0, you will need to open a support ticket, so we can provide you FTP details where to upload your project.

Regards,
Georgi Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed