Converting / creating pages to conform to AMP standards - Ac

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:59

Converting / creating pages to conform to AMP standards - Accelerated Mobile Page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2016 00:00

I was wondering if anyone out there knows anything about AMP and how to implement those pages within Sitefinity:  Sounds like sites that don't conform will be serious losers within Google search:  See excerpt:

"So one, build AMP pages and make sure you're doing it well, and the second bit is working out how to streamline building pages. If you're on a sort of CMS or anything like that, then obviously you want this to be an integral part of your process moving forward. You want AMP pages to be something that all pages or as many pages as possible have an AMP version of those pages. So there's already — for the most popular CMSs, things like WordPress already have plugins available — that you can go away, you can download that plugin, and basically for a lot of the pages it will do a lot of the work for you in creating those AMP pages." 

And a link to the full article: moz.com/.../accelerated-mobile-pages-whiteboard-friday

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2016 00:00

I am currently evaluating CMS options for a client and would too be interested in learning more about what is in store for sitefinity and AMP pages.

thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2016 00:00

I was also looking into this and was looking at ways to make some amp pages work with Sitefinity.  Has anyone tried it yet?  Had any luck with it or know if Sitefinity is looking to add it?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2016 00:00

I suspect this is a low priority for Telerik.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2016 00:00

Reiterating what has already been said, It would be interesting to hear from Telerik on AMP and future plans if any

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2016 00:00

I am also interested.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2016 00:00

Hi guys,

Thank you for bringing this up. 

We've had a nice discussion a while ago, in the SitefinityDevs group on Google+. I encourage you to check it out!

We have to support AMP sooner than later. The project is shaping up nicely, but there's also a caveat - if your web site is mobile friendly and does not implement AMP, Google will penalize it by reducing its Page Rank score. I am not sure when this will become effective, but this the direction Google is taking.

To be honest and transparent, we can't start with AMP implementation sooner than October, but it's on our radar for both reasons - mobile pages and SEO. By the way, most of the markup can be done with Feather templates even now, but there are some tricky parts with the content that we serve.

Regards,
Georgi

Sitefinity Product Management 
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2016 00:00

any update on this? 

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2017 00:00

Hi, I started this topic a year ago.  Anything happen?

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2017 00:00

I'd also like an update on this.

This thread is closed