Showing selected category

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:10

Showing selected category

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2016 00:00

I have list which i filter with the help of categories. Is there a way to show the chosen category somewhere on the page?

Either highlighted in the list of categories or as a text/header above the list.

Best regards

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2016 00:00

Hi Andreas,

In case you are using the Build-in functionality to filter the List items in the designer - the easiest way is just to add a content block above the list widget with the Category/ies chosen, as the Categories will not be changed dynamically.

In case you change that filter dynamically can you share more information about it?

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2016 00:00

I'm not using that functionality, does that require that you create pages for every category or how do you set it up?

I simply have an expandable list with questions that have been assigned 1 or more categories. And on that page I have added an category widget with the setting to only show categories that at least one of the list items have. 

When you select a category you are directed to a autogenerated page with

"-in-category/categories/<categoryname>"

Sorry for spamming your forum :)

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2016 00:00

Any suggestions?

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2017 00:00

I agree with the last question: Any suggestions?

This thread is closed