Sitefinity 8.2 to 9 upgrade Error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:06

Sitefinity 8.2 to 9 upgrade Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2016 00:00

Hi Guys;

i am getting

"Error loading module 'SitefinityWebApp.InterfaceMappingsData' of type InterfaceMappingsData Another module (of type InterfaceMappingsData) with the same name has already been loaded Suggestions: 1) Ensure that you have not accidentally loaded the same module twice. 2) If you are using automatic module loading, ensure you have not manually loaded a module that may be found by the module loader. "

Anyone is encountered this .  I have InterfaceMappingsData  ninject module which is being loaded in bootstrap method

Thank you

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2016 00:00

Hi Richard,

If you have followed this article:
http://docs.sitefinity.com/feather-use-constructor-dependency-injections
or other DI using a new kernel, this is most probably causing the issue.

Please, register the dependency on Bootstrapper_Bootstrapped using:

Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.FrontendModule.Current.DependencyResolver.Bind<IAuthorsService>().To<AuthorsService>();

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Apr-2016 00:00

Hello Richard,

Were you able to resolve the issue?

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2016 00:00

Followed the docs.sitefinity.com/feather-use-constructor-dependency-injections article and getting a nullreferenceexceptionon Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.FrontendModule.Current

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2016 00:00

IT seems like the module is being auto loaded as Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.FrontendModule.Current is null, but when I try using it with Ninject.Syntax.Bind, I get the original error stating that this is being loaded twice. Where are the settings for ninject auto loading or what should I be looking for?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2016 00:00

Hello Nico,

Use the current already registered dependency resolver and bind:

public NinjectControllerFactory()

ninjectKernel = Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.FrontendModule.Current.DependencyResolver;
           ninjectKernel.Bind<IAuthorService>().To<AuthorService>();

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2016 00:00

Hello,

Was the provided information useful? Were you able to bind the dependencies now?

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2016 00:00

Yes it was thank you.  Please update your documentation with this implementation.

Regards

Nico le Roux

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2016 00:00

Hi Nico,

Thank you for the update. Regarding the docs article, we are working on fixing it.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2016 00:00

Hi thanks for resolving please at least post a note at the top of the article that this will throw an error in version 9 and link here. Just wasted two hours on this issue.

Many thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2016 00:00

Hello Chris,

Please, excuse us for the inconvenience caused.

I have submitted an issue to our documentation team to refactor the article. They are working on it.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2016 00:00

I posted more details about this bug and a work around here: github.com/.../2580

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2017 00:00

Apologies, this is a duplicate of the post below

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2017 00:00

Hi Nikola,

Please see attached screenshots and code if that makes it easier....

I have tried all the methods listed above and the workaround, but still keep getting the same issue. 

This happens when I trigger changes(activate/deactivate) a module in Sitefinity/Administration/ModulesAndServices

The progress bar (green) goes into a loop and refreshing the page gives me this:

Error loading Ninject component ICache
No such component has been registered in the kernel's component container.

Suggestions:
 1) If you have created a custom subclass for KernelBase, ensure that you have properly
    implemented the AddComponents() method.
 2) Ensure that you have not removed the component from the container via a call to RemoveAll().
 3) Ensure you have not accidentally created more than one kernel.

And in the error logs for sitefinity I get:

Message : Error loading module 'YourPackage.YourModule' of type YourModule
Another module (of type YourModule) with the same name has already been loaded
Suggestions:
  1) Ensure that you have not accidentally loaded the same module twice.
  2) If you are using automatic module loading, ensure you have not manually loaded a module
     that may be found by the module loader.

Have followed the article: docs.sitefinity.com/feather-use-constructor-dependency-injections
and the workaround too: github.com/.../2580
Can someone help please?

Thanks,
Preetham

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2017 00:00

I have the same problem . Do you have a solution ?

I tried all the suggested solution but nothing works.

Thanks

Danny

This thread is closed