How to use Thunder to create a custom type with a Parent typ

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:06

How to use Thunder to create a custom type with a Parent type?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2016 00:00

I have seen the article on how to create a custom content type using Thunder in Visual Studio: docs.sitefinity.com/thunder-create-a-custom-content-type

However, the article does not tell how to set a Parent Type on the new content type, nor does the "Add New Item" wizard offer the option to do so.

(If I create a custom type using the ModuleBuilder, in the Admin web site, then I do get an option to specify the Parent Content type.)

Is it possible? Does it have to be coded by manually? If so, how?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2016 00:00

Hello Andy,

Generated modules by Thunder do not have hierarchical structure by default as the Dynamic Modules and this needs, custom implementation. 

I would recommend you using the Module Builder as it has different out-of-the-box functionality including automatic upgrade, extensibility and MVC support. In case there is no special reason to use Custom module you can take a look on the Dynamic modules functionality on the above links.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed