Multiple Images selector in dynamic module

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:08

Multiple Images selector in dynamic module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2016 00:00

I have Sitefinity version 8.1. My site's widgets are built using MVC. 

I have built a dynamic module using Module Builder. It has a field name "Images" with "ImageSelector" as its widget. When I Add content to my module, The "Add Related Media" button on Images field allows only one image to be uploaded in one go. To upload multiple images I have to reclick on the "Add Related Media" button and select the other image. My client has more than 500 images to be selected for a single entry of this content type. I was hoping that the back end user could select multiple images using "SHIFT" key and select all the images in one go. 

Is there a builtin functionality for that ? If not, How can I implement it. The datatype of my "Images" field is "Related Media (Images)". Kindly guide,, what do I have to do to enable such a basic functionality. If the field allows to have more than one images, Why cant it allow the Shift Key functionality where the user can select multiple images.

Looking forward to you response. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Zepp.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2016 00:00

Hi,

Currently, Sitefinity does not allow multiple image selection – the images need to be selected one by one. 
There is already a feature request for this, here is a link to the feedback portal where you can track and vote to increase its priority. http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/153/Feedback/Details/165950-allow-multiple-images-to-be-selected-at-once-when-adding-related-media

There is no immediate workaround to this. 

Regards,
Dimitri Cools
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed