Widget is not appearing on form editor page

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 05:16

Widget is not appearing on form editor page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2016 00:00

Hi,

I have created a self-installing widget to install automatically while starting Sitefinity project.

However, the behavior is different in Sitefinity 8.2 and Sitefinity 9.0.

In sitifinity 8.2, I could see the registered widget in toolbox and on form editor page where as in Sitefinity 9.0, I could only see the widget in toolbox under sections but the same widget is not displaying on form editor page.

Mai I know the reason why this is happening?

Note: This behavior is only with Form Controls and with page controls I didn’t see this behavior.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2016 00:00

Hi,

The default forms editor in Sitefinity 9.0 is MVC only so if your widget is a Web Forms widget it will not show in the forms toolbox. In version 8.2 the forms editor only defaulted to MVC only if you had installed Sitefinity Editor.

If your forms widget is indeed WebForms you can change to Web Forms on the Create form dialog. See an example here: screencast.com/.../NOHpOSrUoUL2

Regards,
Seth Cleaver
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2016 00:00

Thanks Seth Cleaver. I could see the widgets after selecting framework as web form only option.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2016 00:00

Hi,

Glad you resolved this.

Regards,
Seth Cleaver
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed