SF9.0 works fine in Cassini but wants to use MySQL for IIS

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:30

SF9.0 works fine in Cassini but wants to use MySQL for IIS

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2016 00:00

I have a site that has been recently upgraded to v9.0 (from v7.2)

Within Visual Studio, if I use the option (right-click) project, "View in Browser", the site comes up fine with a url like "localhost:51234". Backend works and I can browse fine.

I guess I do not know how to do multiple domain bindings in the Visual Studio webserver, So I setup the same site to be an IIS website, and this has worked fine before upgrading to v9.0.

But when I try to get to the website from IIS, I am presented with error: 

Authentication to host '' for user '' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Access denied for user ''@'user.domain.stuff' (using password: NO) (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config line 285)

Same DataConfig.config, same everything, but Sitefinity wants to work with MySQL for whatever reason...

here are the relevant attributes from connectionStrings

providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" dbType="MsSql" name="Sitefinity"

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2016 00:00

Hi Ernesto,

Were you able to solve this problem? Have you checked the ports in case you have used some that is already been taken by another application? Do you have any errors in the logs (App_Data->Siteifnity->Logs)? You may need to open a support ticket for this issue.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2016 00:00

Hello

i have the same problem by a new install.

greeting andreas

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2016 00:00

Hi guys,

Can you attach your log files (located in App_Data->Sitefinity->Logs folder) to this thread so I can take a look?

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2016 00:00

@Pavel, I cleaned the Logs folder, and started the webapp (in the browser) the gears spin, break, and show me the error. Nothing is logged, the folder stays empty.

@Andre, the error points me to ...\machine.config, there are entries referencing MySql sprinkled around... I removed them all and I got further...

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2016 00:00

Hi guys,

It seems that IIS would take the MySql provider with priority (defined in the machine.config). You can try commenting out the reference from there which should help out.

You can also check the following Stackoverflow link:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26189699/asp-net-mvc4-configuration-error-after-installing-mysql-connector-net

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

This thread is closed