Create Vote button for posts

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 04:42

Create Vote button for posts

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2016 00:00

I am trying to create a custom blog post for single item. I've just relized that we've already have a data call Votes Count and we can easily add it to the front-end by following code:

<sitefinity:TextField ID="TextField1" runat="server" DisplayMode="Read" Value='<%# Eval("VotesCount") %>'>
                    </sitefinity:TextField>

The question is how can i create a vote button to make this data increase. Is there any built-in widgets for this feature or do i have to create a custom widget by myself?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2016 00:00

Hi,

Thanks for evaluating Sitefinity.

This functionality is depreciated as we introduced the comments module with rating a few versions ago which replaced the votescount and votessum fields. The new comments module can handle ratings and comments for any content type.

The new comments module allows you to enable the user rating which then calculates the popularity value for you. To enable the rating review the documentation here: docs.sitefinity.com/administration-enable-comments-and-ratings

I hope this helps

Regards,
Seth Cleaver
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed