Conditionally Display Navigation Links

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:24

Conditionally Display Navigation Links

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2016 00:00

I've been at this all day, something I thought would be simple turn out to no be so simple.  I'm trying to conditionally display a navigation link but it either doesn't display at all, displays all the time, or the href & target are not evaluated.

One of my issues comes in the form of Eval("Attributes[LocationID]") != "" not being evaluated properly.  It no matter what comes up empty, yet the evals right after will have the proper value.  I'm just not seeing what I need to do to get it to only display when the Attributes[LocationID] is nonempty.

01.<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
02.<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls.Extensions.LightNavigationControlTemplate" %>
03.<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls" %>
04.<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" TagPrefix="navigation" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls" %>
05.<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" %>
07.<sf:ResourceLinks runat="server" UseEmbeddedThemes="true" Theme="Basic">
08.    <sf:ResourceFile Name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Themes.Basic.Styles.nav.widget.css" Static="true" />
09.</sf:ResourceLinks>
11.<navigation:SitefinitySiteMapDataSource runat="server" ID="dataSource" />
13.<sf:SitefinityLabel id="title" runat="server" WrapperTagName="div" HideIfNoText="true" HideIfNoTextMode="Server" />
14.<div class="sfNavWrp sfNavVerticalWrp <%= this.GetCssClass() %>">
15.    <%-- responsive design section - renders templates for the responsive design--%>
16.        <navigation:NavTransformationTemplate runat="server" TransformationName="ToToggleMenu" TemplateName="ToggleMenu" />
17.        <navigation:NavTransformationTemplate runat="server" TransformationName="ToDropDown" TemplateName="Dropdown" />
18.        <%--end of the responsive design section --%>
20.            <ul class="sfNavVertical sfNavList">
21.                <navigation:NavigationContainer runat="server" DataSourceID="dataSource">
22.                    <Templates>
23.                        <navigation:NavigationTemplate>
24.                            <Template>
25.                              <sf:Conditional If='<%# Eval("Attributes[LocationID]") != "" %>' >
26.                                    <Then>
27.                                        <li id='<%# Eval("Id") %>'>
28.                                            <a runat="server" href='<%# Eval("ParentNode.Attributes[LocationID]") != "" ? NavigationUtilities.ResolveUrl(Container.DataItem) + "?locationId=" + Eval("ParentNode.Attributes[LocationID]") : NavigationUtilities.ResolveUrl(Container.DataItem) %>'
29.                                            target='<%# NavigationUtilities.GetLinkTarget(Container.DataItem) %>'>
30.                                                <%# Eval("Title")%> <%# Eval("Attributes[LocationID]") %>
31.                                            </a>
32.                                        </li>
33.                                    </Then>
34.                                </sf:Conditional>
35.                            </Template>
36.                            <SelectedTemplate>
37.                              <sf:Conditional If='<%# Eval("Attributes[LocationID]") != "" %>' >
38.                                    <Then>
39.                                        <li id='<%# Eval("Id") %>'>
40.                                            <a runat="server" href='<%# Eval("ParentNode.Attributes[LocationID]") != "" ? NavigationUtilities.ResolveUrl(Container.DataItem) + "?locationId=" + Eval("ParentNode.Attributes[LocationID]") : NavigationUtilities.ResolveUrl(Container.DataItem) %>'
41.                                            target='<%# NavigationUtilities.GetLinkTarget(Container.DataItem) %>'>
42.                                                <%# Eval("Title")%> <%# Eval("Attributes[LocationID]") %>
43.                                            </a>
44.                                        </li>
45.                                    </Then>
46.                                </sf:Conditional>
47.                            </SelectedTemplate>
48.                        </navigation:NavigationTemplate>
49.                    </Templates>
50.                </navigation:NavigationContainer>
51.            </ul>
52.</div>

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2016 00:00

Hello,

Can you please check this forum post and try the suggestion there:

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/developing-with-sitefinity-/if-statement-in-widget-template#QU7lfvcSLUGIY9ImgmRuFQ

As suggested in the above forum post please try to cast the value of the custom text field to string and then check if the value is empty string.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2016 00:00

I've already done that, doesn't change anything.  I still have the issue of it not evaling cast or not.

This thread is closed