I posted this same info in the VS gallery
I am not sure what started it, but this last week, I get an alert that Thunder failed to load. I have tried reinstalling the module, and even reinstalling VS with no success. The pertinent lines in the activity file log are:
I am getting ready to support a very large client that already has Sitefinity, and I need to be ready ASAP. Any help would be appreciated
Thank you for the reply. However, none of those links relate to the issue I am having. The issue comes after the install, but before VS even finishes starting up, hence the activity file snippet from above.
Based on the logging above, it looks as though it cannot find the configuration file, or that it is somehow malformed. If I knew where it is supposed to be located, I could check myself.
I am attaching an image to show the popup message. However, it does not give any real info, which is why I started with the logging snippet.
I uninstalled the module. Then I did a search of everything Thunder related under ...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio and deleted it all. I then installed the extension again, with the same results. I am attaching an image for the search results from the same VS directory after the install. You will note that there is only one randomly named directory.
I am including the ActivityLog.xml snippet below from the latest attempt, including everything from the Begin Package Load statement through the End Package Load statement. It still looks to be complaining about the config file for the extension, and I do not see one in the listing attached (not that I really know what I am looking for).
Would it be possible to find out where that config file is supposed to be located and/or what its name is? If it is missing or corrupted, I could copy it over from another machine maybe.
I am working two versions of Sitefinity for this client. One is 9.0.6000.0 ,while the other is 7.3.5610.0. Thunder is 188.8.131.52. Neither of the links apply. Thunder installs without complaint (first link), it just will not start due to the error I mentioned previously, and so never tries to connect (second link).
As to the first link, I not only uninstalled Thunder. I uninstalled Visual Studio and then reinstalled them both, using the method for Thunder mentioned in the first link.
VS 2012 has the same error.
I tried the various solutions presented in the link with no change in behavior.
I have a VM I can use for the moment, but I am that was meant as a test bed to prevent issues with my main machine. I am now starting on work for that client with two projects immediately, and three more possible in the near future.
One of them is to upgrade the version 7 site to 9 and fix any issues. I am a little nervous about the Thunder situation causing issues.