What happened to SearchManager?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:48

What happened to SearchManager?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2016 00:00

I just upgraded a Sitefinity project to the latest (9.0.6012.0) from an older version and now SearchManager.GetManager( null ) is missing; There doesn't seem to be documentation anywhere of where SearchManager went. 

How should we obtain the SearchManager now?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2016 00:00

Hi Sam,

Thank you for contacting us,

I responded to your Support ticket for this issue but I will also add it here as well:

Instead of using SearchManager you should use the ISearchService and would look similar to this:

var searchService = Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.ServiceBus.ResolveService<ISearchService>();

Here are a few articles that depending on what it is you want to do exactly may help you along with the process:

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/developing-with-sitefinity-/including-custom-fields-in-searchmanager-search

www.sitefinity.com/.../extending_sitefinity_search_functionality_-_autocomplete

www.sitefinity.com/.../how-to-reindex-a-built-in-search-index

Hopefully this information is helpful.  But let me know if you have any other questions regarding this.

Regards,
Nick Rajotte
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed