Product detail urls not showing up in generated sitemap

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:06

Product detail urls not showing up in generated sitemap

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2016 00:00

I have a custom mvc widget to display products.

The master view url is: /products/info

The detail view url is: /products/info/<productname>  

ex: /products/info/brick-widgets

/products/info/clay-widgets

This mvc widget sits on a hybrid page and I have implemented IContentLocatableView in the controller and the GetLocations method.  When I go to  "E-Commerce > Products" and then "Pages where products are published" I see only one entry and it is "/products/info" with a priority of 1.

From everything I have read this is all I should need to do so why am I not seeing this products appear in the sitemap.gz file?  It is set to allow 5,000 records and I only have 500 showing up so it did not reach a threshold.  It does have 1 entry for "/products/info", but no detail urls.

Here is the code I have in my mvc controller:

[NonAction]
public IEnumerable<IContentLocationInfo> GetLocations()
    var location = new ContentLocationInfo()

ContentType = TypeResolutionService.ResolveType("Telerik.Sitefinity.Ecommerce.Catalog.Model.Product"),
        ProviderName = Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase<CatalogDataProviderBase>.GetDefaultProviderName(),
        Priority = ContentLocationPriority.Highest
    ;

yield return location;

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2016 00:00

Hello,

Products are not available in the sitemap, there is a feature request for this here. There is no way to include the products in the sitemap at the moment.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2016 00:00

Hello,

Let me know if I can further help on this or if the ticket can be considered closed?

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2016 00:00

I voted for the request, but I do need to say it is unfortunate that this was not built into the eCommerce piece as SEO is pretty important. 

This thread is closed