Feather MVC blog post widget and canonical URLs

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:50

Feather MVC blog post widget and canonical URLs

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2016 00:00

Running Sitefinity 8.2, pure MVC, Bootstrap, have blog posts appearing on a page with the delivered MVC blog post widget, set to show detail view in the same page.  The page is top-level and has this URL:

https://domain.com/blogs

The URL for individual posts is in this form:

domain.com/.../blog-post-name

The site has the canonical URL service turned on (I've even set it enabled on this page) and a <link rel="canonical" href="..."> element does appear in the head.  However, every post has the same href in the link element:

https://domain.com/blogs

I read on another thread: "By default Sitefinity does not recognize content displayed using custom widgets unless they implement the IContentLocatableView interface."

www.sitefinity.com/.../a-few-questions-about-canonical-urls

However, in this case it's not a custom widget, it's the delivered MVC blog post widget.

Is there something else we have to do to get this working properly?

Thanks in advance.

ewb

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2016 00:00

I'm interested as well. Anyone?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2016 00:00

Hello,

This is known issue in the 8.2 build-in version of Feather. It is fixed in Feather 1.4.370. In order to get this work as expected, you can upgrade your Feather module to at least that version, or the latest comparable with version 8.2 - 1.4.460.0.
Alternatively you can upgrade your Sitefinity project, which comes with higher version of Feather module.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2016 00:00

Got it - thanks much!

ewb

This thread is closed