Difference Between Preview and Live

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:39

Difference Between Preview and Live

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2016 00:00

So I fixed my original issue, but I am still vexed by something.  I have a page that looked and functioned great when viewed with the preview button on the back end.  However, when the page was published, there were a TON of javascript issues.  We fixed those by changing the way that jquery and jqueryui are referenced (they were being linked with the script widget and are now being referenced via Sitefinity resources).  

The issue I still have though is why the preview was different than the published page.  It is my understanding both from classes I have taken and from the documentation I have read that the preview link is supposed to show you exactly what a user will see after the page is published.  Am I missing or misunderstanding something?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2016 00:00

Any thoughts on this?

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2016 00:00

Hello Brian,

You can check that article for additional information:
http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/knowledge-base/details/overview-of-sitefinity-page-preview-functionality

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2016 00:00

Thank you.  That does help.  However, it does leave a problem.  I noticed that clicking on 'view' gives the same URL (action/preview).  How are you supposed to preview a page in full before it is published?  Am I missing something?

In my mind, there needs to be some kind of 'live' preview.  People can do things that totally change a page's behavior/appearance that the preview apparently will not show.  Then when the publish button is hit it can cause a production issue on at least one page (maybe more if it is a template or shared part).

This thread is closed