Need to log out user's existing sessions when signs in w

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 00:55

Need to log out user's existing sessions when signs in with a new browser (non-backend user)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2016 00:00

Hi guys,

We have a site using Sitefinity 7.0. 

As you know, when a backend user logs into Sitefinity, and they are already logged in elsewhere, it prompts them to log out the other session before they are allowed to proceed.

We need to implement this same functionality but for users that are NOT backend users.

1. A non backend user is logged in at home.

2. They then attempt to log in at work.

3. The session at home is terminated and a new session is logged in just at work.

I have not been able to find a way to programmatically terminate all existing sessions for a user and then log them back in on just the one web browser.

Does someone know the code to achieve this? The securitymanager logout methods only end the current session for a user it seems, I think I need a method that will end existing ALL sessions for a user.

SecurityManager.Logout("Default", username); 

Cheers!

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2016 00:00

Hello Marc,

There is Feature request in the feedback portal where you can vote for it:
http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/153/Feedback/Details/156566-limit-frontend-users-concurrent-sessions

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed