Unable to save a new page with a custom taxonomy added to th

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:31

Unable to save a new page with a custom taxonomy added to the Create Page form

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2016 00:00

I have created an Hierarchical Classification by going to Content | All classifications and selecting Hierarchical list.

(The Administration | Settings | Advanced settings entries that get the category to display are listed farther down this post.) 

I can get the list to display on the Page Creation page, but I get a JavaScript error when I go to save the page:

Cannot read property 'get_selectedItems' of null.

I have copied the text from the Developer Tools console below.

I have also attached a screenshot of the page create area, the field settings form and the console.  

Thanks

Console Message:

Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl01_TSM&compress=0&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bT…:17353 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'get_selectedItems' of null

get_selectedTaxa @ Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl01_TSM&compress=0&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bT…:17353

get_value @ Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl01_TSM&compress=0&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bT…:17183

validate @ Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl01_TSM&compress=0&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bT…:4477

validate @ Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl01_TSM&compress=0&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bT…:17715

onStart @ ContentViewInsertDialog?ControlDefinitionName=FrontendPages&ViewName=FrontendPagesCreate&SuppressBa…:2168

(anonymous function) @ ScriptResource.axd?d=N2N_13H_NAeouyLOgYMMCzMdkI_sTKfYANJmlC8gT0E-vdMaCkmEkXgzTLmkSYVmAaSX0ujlbzrTQB…:1_startProcessingHandler @ Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl01_TSM&compress=0&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bT…:18185

(anonymous function) @ ScriptResource.axd?d=N2N_13H_NAeouyLOgYMMCzMdkI_sTKfYANJmlC8gT0E-vdMaCkmEkXgzTLmkSYVmAaSX0ujlbzrTQB…:1

(anonymous function) @ ScriptResource.axd?d=N2N_13H_NAeouyLOgYMMCzMdkI_sTKfYANJmlC8gT0E-vdMaCkmEkXgzTLmkSYVmAaSX0ujlbzrTQB…:1_commandHandler @ Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl01_TSM&compress=0&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bT…:18141

(anonymous function) @ ScriptResource.axd?d=N2N_13H_NAeouyLOgYMMCzMdkI_sTKfYANJmlC8gT0E-vdMaCkmEkXgzTLmkSYVmAaSX0ujlbzrTQB…:1

_commandHandler @ Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl01_TSM&compress=0&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bT…:18292

dispatch @ ScriptResource.axd?d=i-Aio1cz3PsPEAQM7GCTXiqeiRbPusYaLXYdjJ6mBI9zpOaOWSflaB5pXQF2fRogrhXKSfgrGy3CTI…:3

r.handle @ ScriptResource.axd?d=i-Aio1cz3PsPEAQM7GCTXiqeiRbPusYaLXYdjJ6mBI9zpOaOWSflaB5pXQF2fRogrhXKSfgrGy3CTI…:3

Here are the entries made at Administration | Settings | Advanced. 

There, I expand the tree to ContentView | Controls | FrontendPages | Views | Sections | DescriptionKeywordSection | Fields and under Create New enter the information below (cobbled together by looking at a few documentation posts):

Advanced Settings Form Entries:

UPBMS

Allow root selection:
False

Show done selecting button:
False

Show create new taxon button:
False

Root taxon ID:
3a491346-ea79-66ea-a4c3-ff0000a3d244 (copied from the database after the list has been created)

Allow multiple selection:
Checked

Taxonomy ID:
3a491346-ea79-66ea-a4c3-ff0000a3d244 (copied from the database after the list has been created)

The taxonomy provider:
Blank

Web Service URL:
 ~/Sitefinity/Services/Taxonomies/HierarchicalTaxon.svc

Bind on server:
Checked

Allow creating new taxa:
Unchecked

ID:
Blank

DataFieldName:
UPBMS

Value:
Blank

DisplayMode:
Write

Wrapper tag:
Li

Field name:
UPBMS

FieldDefinitionTitleCaption:
UPBMS

FieldDefinitionDescriptionCaption:
Blank

FieldDefinitionExampleCaption:
Blank

FieldType:
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.HierarchicalTaxonField, Telerik.Sitefinity (prepopulated)

FieldVirtualPath:
Blank

Global resource class ID:
Blank

CSS Class:
sfExpandableForm

Hidden:
Blank

Can you please try to create custom field for page.  Through interface, not through advanced setting. 

I followed your instructions and found the entry after the page was initially created by clicking on "Title & Properties" and expanding "Description, Keywords." 

Thanks very much for your prompt reply.  

This thread is closed