Arabic Culture URL

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:18

Arabic Culture URL

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Oct-2016 00:00

I am working on a website which is multilingual . once I am adding the AR or AR-SA the calendars are transformed to be in Hijri . I am trying to use another culture but the problem is that I am unable to hide the culture extension from the URL . for example /ar-jo/ to be replaced with /ar/ or /Arabic/

please advise

Hi Enas,

I faced with the same problem. That what I did:

I used "AR" language and created a new extension method for string formatting with a Gregorian calendar. You can find it here: http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/developing-with-sitefinity-/arabic-site-news-listing-to-show-date-in-gregorian

And then I used this extension method in all necessary widget templates. Let me know if you have any questions about that

Thank you for your reply . I am new to Sitefinty , I am wondering where shall I place this file , in order to be able to use the method within the news widget?

Are you developer?

Just add class inside you VS project and then compile everything. 

Then you need to go to widget template for news widget and edit this template. You can read how to edit widget templates here: http://docs.sitefinity.com/overview-widget-templates

Yes I am , so I can add it directly under my project and edit the template normally ?

Thanks in advance .

Sure, you can add it inside your Sitefinity project and compile it. 

And then you can use this extension method in widget templates (don't forget to add necessary using in widget template)

If you have problems how to open Sitefinity project, how to compile or how to edit widget template, you can write me directly by email:  victor.leontev _at_ gmail _dot_ com 

Thank you for your support dear. will try it and let you know if I faced any issue

This thread is closed