Adding drop-down field to Page Edit/CreateNew "Frontend

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 03:17

Adding drop-down field to Page Edit/CreateNew "FrontendPagesEdit/FrontendPagesCreate"

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2016 00:00

Hello everyone,

I have spent a fair amount of time researching this topic and I have yet to find an easy to implement or even straightforward approach on adding a custom drop-down to the Page editor.

So when you go to create a page in sitefinity, I have the need to have a custom drop-down field on this Page editor which is mapped to a custom lookup.

I have been able to add custom drop-downs to WidgetDesigners but I have found far less information when trying to figure out how to add this custom drop-down to the Page editor.

The drop-down's data changes so the ability to "hard-code them as choices" is not an option.

What I have found on this subject is rather confusion and still does not give me enough detail on mapping this field to the data-base call to get its data, not to mention field bindings. 

The most relevant information I found is here : docs.sitefinity.com/for-developers-create-custom-page-attributes

Anyways I look forward to any help the community and or developers here may provide.

Thank you in advance, Robert.

This thread is closed